microHomogenizer™ kits are a beta technology from Claremont BioSolutions that homogenize tissue samples ranging from mouse heart, tail, liver, and brain to plant tissue samples, all in a microfuge tube provided by ClaremontBio. The microHomogenizer™ tissue grinders can be used in preparation for any downstream application you prefer.
- Ultra-rapid, easy to use protocol: No long overnight digestions necessary
- Prepare samples for downstream applications: gDNA extraction, RNA extraction, protein purification.
- Portable and disposable
- Mitigate the risk of sample cross-contamination and limit exposure of the sample to the user
OmniLyse® Cell Lysis Kits
ClaremontBio’s OmniLyse® Lysis Kit is an ultra-rapid and mechanical cell disruptor, capable of lysis in roughly one minute with even hard-to-lyse gram-positive organisms and is hailed by the USDA as the best available method.
“OmniLyse methods provided the greatest consistent yield of genomic DNA.”- Irwin et al. BMC Microbiology (2014) 14:326 – USDA publication – Near-Quantitative Sampling of Genomic DNA from Various Food-Borne Eubacteria
The OmniLyse® Lysis Kits utilize a bead beating method to quickly shear open cells without the use of harsh chemicals, wash baths, or a centrifuge. The OmniLyse is operated by a battery pack and can be used anywhere. Capable of disrupting most types of cells, the OmniLyse® Lysis Kit is an excellent fit for various downstream applications. The OmniLyse® Kits are highly customizable and allow for easy integration into systems and applications for commercially available products or in earlier phases of product development.
- Rapidly lyses a wide range of cell types in roughly 1 minute
- Works with cells including gram-positive & gram-negative, yeast, mammalian, spores, cysts, and many more
- No chemicals or wash steps make OmniLyse® Kits ideal for sensitive assays that can be affected by the presence or organic compounds.
- Disposability and portability allow OmniLyse® Kits to be stored under normal laboratory condition. After use, the kits can then be simply thrown away without any harm to the environment.
- No centrifugation steps
- Simple protocol